To help make the buying experience enjoyable for everyone, please follow these guidelines when posting items.
OfferUp is a way to connect with your local community and beyond. Use your true identity and honestly represent yourself. Please:
- Use one account per Pro Seller.
- Don’t use a throw-away email address. This signals to us that you might not be here for the right reasons.
- Don’t create accounts designed to impersonate someone else.
- Don’t use emulators or third-party sites to post on OfferUp.
- Represent yourself in a neighborly way.
To allow buyers to get a true feel for the items you’re selling, please:
- Always include an image of the item. Posts with no image, including those with a photo containing only text, aren't allowed.
- Include high-quality, well-lit photos.
- Keep the photo clean by not adding extra stickers or unnecessary text.
- Post an image of the actual item, not a catalog or stock photo.
- Use your own photos. Don't use photos that infringe on the intellectual property rights of others.
Multiple posts showing identical items from the same seller can be confusing to buyers and difficult to manage. Don't post the same item in more than one listing or in multiple categories. You’ll be charged for duplicate listings.
Titles, descriptions, & prices
Titles and descriptions should give buyers a clear, honest, and accurate description so they can tell if the item is what they're looking for. Some things to avoid:
- Don't add keywords or price points intended to manipulate search results.
- Don't link to websites or post URLs.
- Don't provide personal information, such as a phone number or email address.
- Payments will solely be processed on OfferUp. Soliciting payment methods outside of our platform is not allowed.
Most items are allowed on OfferUp, but there are a few types of items that aren’t permitted. Some may present legal issues or be dangerous, while others may be offensive or not in line with the spirit of our community. Read the Prohibited Items Guidelines for details.
Failure to comply with these policies may lead to various consequences, including but not limited to account restrictions, cancellation of orders, removal of listings, or monetary losses. For more information, please see our Terms of Service.