Using a strong password can keep your account secure. If someone figures your password out, they can access all of your account information. To ensure this doesn’t happen, we recommend changing your password periodically every 30-60 days.
When creating your password:
- OfferUp passwords require at least 8 characters, including 1 uppercase character and 1 number or symbol.
- Don’t use a password that you use on other websites. To remember your password, try using a password manager. Many browsers, including Chrome and Safari, include their own built-in password management software.
- Avoid using easy to guess passwords, such as “123456,” “password,” or “offerup”. Try not to include personal information in your passwords, such as your email address, phone number, or any other personal information.
- Remember that passwords are case sensitive. Using a password like “Yellowstone321” is different from “yellowstone321”.
If you’ve already created an account and forget your password, click and you will be prompted to type in your email address. Then, click and we will email you instructions to reset your password.
Two-factor authentication creates extra security on your account by requesting a second form of authentication. As part of setting up your account, you will need to sign up for two-factor authentication. You will need to have a working cell phone to set up two-factor authentication. A 6-digit code will be sent via text message to your device to complete the authentication.
When making certain changes in your account, like changing your legal business name, you will be prompted to complete two-factor authentication.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Enter the 6-digit verification code sent to your phone number
- Click Verify